Thursday 11 April 2013

So Long, And Thanks For All The Shoes...

"Thats why I wear dark glasses, so the coppers can't see my brain!" - Ian Brady

After a few more wet days in the south I finally made it to Dover yesterday at about 5pm. I woke up in a puddle yesterday morning, so a new tent may be on the cards, should of re-waterproofed it before I left.
Good job I bought that tarp...
Cycled along the A272 yesterday towards Folkstone, I was going to stay in Dover last night and get the ferry this morning but as soon as i got into Dover I had an urgent desire to get out. Truckers must love their apple juice cause theres bottles of the stuff chucked in all the verges. Dirty Barstewards. Don't think I've ever been in a port town in England that didn't look like a third world country.

Oh yeah, and I got overtaken yesterday by Katie Price, aka Jordan aka Not With Yours! Seriously, pink Range Rover reg.KP11 HOT, check it out. Didn't even wave.

 Can somebody please tell me what these are, must of passed about fourty of them in the south and can't work them out.
 Food always tastes better after insane amounts of physical exercise.
The south coast of Britian, no sunshine since 1932.

My one way ferry ticket was £25, pretty reasonable. The bikes go down on the freight deck with all of the big trucks. I got talking to a French trucker who was heading to Moscow, he reckoned they've got eight centimeters of snow and its -10 at night at the moment, at least i'll be keeping cool while I'm riding ;). 
 About to leave the ferry in Calais, a few of the trucks were flashing and waving at me on the way out. Reminded me of that scene in Gladiator: "To those who are about to die, we salute you". Didn't fancy another night in my leaky tent so booked in at a 2* hotel for the night. Must be going soft. 
 Ahhhh bliss.

3 comments:

  1. Those round houses are converted Oast Houses originally used for drying hops - widely grown in the Garden of England once and you should know what hops are used for!
    Looking good well done. JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh the classic never trust a hippy tee. Looking good lad, did you get the numbers mum text you, I think... Stay safe, speak soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mum got the cheque from Dan, she is going to put it in the bank tomorrow

    ReplyDelete