Wednesday 3 April 2013

Slow Ride...

 I was suppsed to be leaving for Russia yesterday, but the bike didn't want to play ball. The bearing in the front hub collapsed after 10 miles, incorrectly set?, so the wheels back at the manufacturers having the repair done under warrenty.
 
So I thought I'd use the oppertunity to put up some pictures from the first tour I did last year, 3 weeks and 1500 miles in Ireland. Nice people, stunning scenery, shame about the weather.
 
 
The idea was to get to Dublin and turn left and keep the sea to my left until I did i full circle. It took me two long days to get to Cork from Dublin, and another day to get to Bantry.
Kerry mountains, a good climb but the views were a bit limited at the top thanks to the fine irish weather. Thats my bike on the left ready to go through the tunnel and begin the descent.
'Welcome to Galway!'
                                 
                                  
 
 I made it my mission to get a picture of my bike leaning up against every county sign around the irish coast. Unfortunatly it made for a pretty boring set of photograhs.
Graffiti in Belfast.
 
Im not going to put up all of the photos cause they're pretty crap quality, but this has got to be my favorite photo from Ireland. I've put it in X-large so despite the rubbish quality you should be able to read it.
The plaque reads: "Lieut. Michael Mclean, Lowertown Schull, 3rd West Cork Brigade I.R.A was tortured and murdered by British Crown Forces on the 8th Dec. 1920 Aged 23 years."
Powerful stuff.
 

2 comments:

  1. Alright laaad. Got an account now so I can harass you non stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one bro, wouldn't have it any other way ;)haha

    ReplyDelete